Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Ruth's Chris Steak House

Lauren and I decided to go to Ruth's Chris for Restaurant Week after looking at the menu. Having never been to it before I was like 'What the heck' even though I was still having nightmares of my death harrowing adventures from the Island Hotel. After much consternation, we made our reservation for 7:30 pm and our adventure began.

We actually arrived at Ruth's Chris at the same time. However, the one in Anaheim has NO PARKING. We had to valet ($4 not including tip) but sadly they don't validate unlike The Island Hotel. We actually arrived at 7:10 and thought we would actually be seated early but instead we had to wait almost 1/2 an hr to be seated. WTH!! What irritated us the most was that people who arrived later got to go in before us. I wonder if their reservation was earlier and they just arrived late?

By the time we got in, we had a very nice hostess by the name of Ailee who really helped us through the menu and guided us. She explained all the options and helped us choose what we wanted. The bread came out so warm that the steam was still rising from the bread and the butter was so soft but not melted. It was a close 2nd to the Palm Terrace Sourdough Ciabatta.
The Ruth's Jumbo Chopped Salad was probably the largest salad I've ever had for a fixed menu. It was even larger than an appetizer salad. It wasn't too creamy although I could have probably done away with the olives. I did ask them not to put the raw onions but the crispy onions on top were a nice touch.




I ordered the 6 oz. Filet and the Shrimp (3 of them) and along with the Garlic Mashed Potatoes. It was supposed to come out Medium Rare but since it is cooked at "1000" and put on a 500 degree plate, it cooked longer than I prefered. Lauren got the Sauteed Mushrooms thinking they would be the sliced.



We jokingly called them the Mounds of Hell or the Fungus among us. You be the judge:

Sauteed Mushrooms

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Finally we had the dessert of Chocolate cake with Haagan Daz Vanilla Ice Cream and Rasberry Coulis Glaze. Essentially it tasted like a stale Chocolate cupcake or a Ding Dong. :)

Would I go again? Probably but not during Restaurant Week. The menu we chose is available regularly and is comparable to what was available during RW. The parking is terrible and the wait was long considering we had reservations. However, I did like our hostess so I would try it again.








No comments:

Post a Comment